background

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween

I love Halloween. This year I was a pirate along with the office, admin, and counseling staff of Redwood Elementary school (my internship). I had the privilege of participating in their costume parade this year. Do you remember when your school did that? I loved Halloween as a kid--that is why it was awesome to relive it with the kids. They are so cute. Philip and I also worked in the Halloween carnival in our ward. Philip helped me put together my costume thanks to his Ecuadorian treasures from his mission (the shirts, a turtle bag).



For my job, I took the girls to see 30 lb. pumpkins dropped from a cherry-picker by the SLC Fire Department at Gallivan Plaza. It was great to watch them explode like that. Plus it was free, always a good time as long as it's free when I am doing respite care (Medicaid money pays for this so don't worry taxpayers, I keep the entertainment costs down).

2 comments:

  1. You guys looked great! It was fun seeing you at the Halloween Carnival. And seeing all your cute nieces and nephews out trick-or-treating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best Laura! Remember our Pablo Halloween from way back when? Remember the vat of meatballs at the Central Building with only toothpicks to eat them? Good times....Glad to see you keep the holiday, festic spirit strong:)

    ReplyDelete