background

Thursday, July 8, 2010

TRAX





I had a splendid time with my sister Dana and her two kids. We took TRAX to the SLC Library downtown. Dana and I agree that it was an opportunistic time for Avery and Ian to become educated on different ways of living. For instance, they learned that some people need to take public transportation to get around. They also learned that not all people are nice. As a young woman was departing off the train, she dropped her big jug of orange juice and it spilled all over poor little Ian and his stroller. She scooped up the jug and got off. Avery made the observation of propriety that "she didn't say sorry" and stated this to the homeless-looking man sitting across from us. He laughed along with the others on the train. Ian too it with dignity and continued playing with his beloved truck while Dana wiped him down. At the library we explored the different floors and we were able to access the roof, something I have always wanted to do. The bottom floor has a great childrens section and Avery and Ian were able to play. We took trax to temple square and then to gateway. I got yelled at by the TRAX driver because I used the ramp off of the train to get off with Ian sitting in his stroller. He said it was only for the disabled and I said "what about people in strollers?" I think he lacked any compassion for mothers.

1 comment:

  1. That comment of Avery's made me laugh! :D Poor little guy with orange juice all over him! Dana's kids sure are cute!

    ReplyDelete