background

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Memorial Grove Hike


For the summer I am running a hiking/meditation group for my clients, ages 15 to 18. Tonight we hiked City Creek Canyon, which is accessed from Memorial Grove park by the capital building. We had six clients come and two staff, 5 were boys. We had a fun time stomping around and splashing in the creek. This is supposed to be part meditation, and most of my clients found ways to meditate by throwing sticks, rocks, yelling to bystanders, skidding in the dirt, and using the trees as restrooms. You know, I thought it was therapeutic.

Another highlight of my day was finding out that one of our foster parents served his mission in Poland (where I served two years ago). He served in '93 so it was interesting to talk about the various changes the LDS church has gone through between his time being there and mine.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome. As I read that, I was totally thinking about my girls at the group home. It would be the same with them. That's cool you got to talk to that guy who served in Poland. It must have been so different back then. We thought it was small!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete