background

Thursday, November 3, 2011

One more thing

I need to clarify.  I announced on FB the other day that I was getting a job and that changed.  So on Monday I accepted a full time position at Ensign Peaks Services in West Valley as a program manager over an after school therapeutic program for 4th, 5th, and 6th graders.  It would mean program start-up and development, supervisory, and grant writing experience, along with individual counseling.  It was an awesome job.  But, on Tuesday, New Roads called me and offered me a position, even though they had turned me down the week prior (I had interviewed there twice and really hoped I would get it).  So after much thought and a pros and cons list (social work strategy), oh and consulting with Philip, Ray, and my former supervisor Sherrie, I decided to go for the New Roads job.  I am sad to turn down a great opportunity, but this position is in Provo, benefited, and would provide me with experience to work with an older population and substance abuse--an area in which I need more expertise.  I am happy to have been blessed with two job offers, something I never thought would happen!

1 comment: